What is Depression?
Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think, and how you act.
Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease your ability to function at work and at home.
Symptoms of depression can vary from mild to severe and can include:
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating, or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
For more information about depression, please check What is clinical depression?
What are the available treatments for Depression?
Depression is one of the most treatable mental health conditions. 50-70 % may respond to treatment with routine antidepressants. More recently, new treatments become available for those who do not achieve good response or full remission.
At Neuro Behavioral Center, we offer traditional and state-of-the-art treatment options for depression.
Each person has their own unique thoughts and feelings, as such, an individual evaluation is important for the best treatment outcome. We take most major insurance carriers — including Medicare and Medicaid — so that finances never get in the way of getting the help that you need. If you or a loved one are struggling with depression, call Neuro Behavioral Center at (508) 660-1666 to schedule a consultation or request an appointment online