TMS Therapy for OCD
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a common behavioral disorder. It causes a person to have uncontrollable, reoccurring thoughts (obsessions) with or without recurrent behaviors (compulsion). OCD is a chronic disorder that can last long if not treated properly. The sufferer has the urge to repeat certain practices over and over again. The behaviors themselves might not be because of concern, however, being unable to perform them can cause great distress.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder affects around 2-3% of the U.S. population. OCD can be debilitating and embarrassing for the sufferer. Fortunately, as for many other conditions, it is treatable. At Neuro Behavioral Center, we have the right treatment options just for you.
Some Common Compulsions & Obsessions Associated with OCD
Obsessions and compulsions are repeating and persistent behaviors, thoughts, and/or impulses that may cause distress. In some situations, this distress can accompany other emotions e.g., anxiety and irritability. Some common obsessions associated with OCD are:
- Extreme concern with order, symmetry, or pattern
- Fear or thought of being contaminated or getting contaminated by the surroundings or people
- Fear of saying out obscenity or insults
- Having persistent sexual thoughts or images
- Excessive and repeated handwashing, showering, or cleaning the house
- Excessive repeated ordering of things even if already in order
- Constantly seeking approval and appreciation
- Repeatedly counting numbers, money, etc.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment in Walpole, MA
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy is a new and advanced therapeutic strategy used for certain behavioral disorders. Neuro Behavioral Center is one of the pioneers in providing TMS therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Don’t hesitate to reach out. Call us now at our office in Walpole, Massachusetts, at (508) 660-1666, or schedule an appointment online.